Unless otherwise specified, this site’s photos, text, PC-generated
images and designs, and all other content contained herein are:
Copyright Mark Schumacher
All Rights Reserved
CONDITIONS FOR REPRODUCING SITE CONTENT:
- No linking directly to any photo. Please link to the web page.
- You are free to use site content for your own private, personal use.
- Students, academic groups, and educational entities are welcome to use site content/photos for class handouts, study notes, etc., as long as my copyright notice (see below) is given. There is no need to ask for my permission.
- Noncommercial web sites may use up to five images without my authorization, and a few paragraphs of text, but further usage would require my permission. In both cases, my copyright notice (see below) needs to appear alongside all images/text copied from this site.
- Commercial sites must pay a fee if they wish to commercially publish information from this site. However, in most cases, my fees are minimal or entirely waived depending on the objectives of the commercial site. Nonetheless, my copyright notice (see below) must appear alongside all content copied from this site.
- Email Mark to request authorization to use site photos or text.
In accordance with the above conditions, site content may be printed and distributed, or forwarded in electronic form, or reproduced on other web sites, provided it clearly states and displays the relevant copyright notice to the page being cited, as shown below:
- For Photos (See ** Note):
Copyright Mark Schumacher,
- For Text and Research (See ** Note):
Copyright Mark Schumacher,
- APA Format (See ** Note):
Schumacher, Mark (copyright holder).
Citing internet sources. [WWW document].
- ** NOTE: Please give the exact URL to the exact web page. In above examples, please replace XXX with the correct data. To do so, open the cited page in your browser, then copy that URL address. For example, the homepage URL is: http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/buddhism.shtml
PUBLIC DOMAIN -- OUTSIDE RESOURCES USED AT THIS SITE
- This site uses images and text resources found in the public domain. When this happens, I give credit to the source in the image ALT tag (just hold your mouse over any image to view credits/descriptions). Credits are also frequently given directly below the image or in the normal body of the text.
- I respect intellectual property rights, and I ask my viewers to do the same. Should you feel that your work has been improperly reproduced herein, or misrepresented in any form or shape, or should you feel that I have infringed on your copyright, I kindly ask that you contact me directly with your requests, or provide me with all necessary materials to protect your copyright. If I have mistakenly omitted a credit, or given an incorrect credit, please e-mail me so I can fix it or remove it from this site.
WHERE DO YOUR CREDITS APPEAR?
- For images, please see the ALT TAG associated with the image. You can do so by holding your mouse momentarily over the image. A small text box will appear, showing a description or credit. Credits also appear frequently immediately above or below the image. If no credit is given, it means the image is to be credited to site host and operator Mark Schumacher.
- For textual content, the credit appears above or below the specific block of text. If no credit is given, it means the text was written by Mark Schumacher.
- Onmarkproductions.com is not associated with any educational institution, private corporation, or governmental agency. I am a single individual, working at my own pace, limited by my own inadequacies. There is no one looking over my shoulder, so I must accept full responsibility for any and all inaccuracies at this site. If you discover any, please contact me directly.
- The information presented at this web site is as accurate as I can achieve. Yet, I’m sure there are some inaccuracies, especially in my spelling and naming of the deities in non-Japanese languages (e.g., Indian, Tibetan, Chinese, and Korean). However, under no circumstances shall Onmarkproductions.com be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered that you believe resulted from your use or another party’s use of content from this site.
Onmark Homepage or to
A-to-Z Dictionary of Japan’s Buddhist Deities
Mark Schumacher (Site Creator)
Online since 1995, this site is widely referenced by universities, museums, galleries, art historians, Buddhist practitioners, students, and lay people from around the world. There are approximately 80,000 visitors each month (as of April 2010). Thank you everyone.
The site's growing success as a research tool, however, means ever-increasing expenses to host and maintain the site. Costs have escalated and now surpass $1,200 per year. To help keep this site free for all, please consider sending a small donation of $5 or $10 or whatever you are willing to contribute. To send a donation using Paypal (you don’t need to be a Paypal member), please click the below donation button. Paypal maintains both your privacy and security. Thank you in advance for your contribution. If yearly donations surpass the cost of running this site, I pledge to donate all surplus money to worthy charities. This is a promise.
Instructions for People Who Aren’t Paypal Members
- Click above “Make a Donation” button
- New screen appears with below image. Click its “Continue” button
Thank you in advance for your kindness.